Friday 6 April 2018

Project Development: Site Styles

This is a very small note about map styles. I have used fills to mark out specific sites of premises which are being served by rail.

The issue is that marking the boundaries produces visual clutter on the maps and this has to be weighed against the value of marking it.

My feeling at this moment is against marking out a site's boundaries as opposed to putting a marker in the middle of the site or marking a specific building and leaving it at that. I think that is what the updated Otago Central maps will show. The maps I did of Addington Workshops didn't have a marked site boundary. I think that is what they will all look like.

I will also be limiting the number of non rail buildings I draw on sites in future. These changes collectively will reduce the amount of time I spend on drawing maps.